The government has made obligatory for all International travellers arriving into the UK to self-isolate for 10 days (click here for more details) unless they meet the exemption requirement from the government list (click here for more details) . If quarantine rules are not met by the traveller, they risk facing a penalty of up £10,000.
UK Government International travel guidelines have changed since the 4th October, 2021. The traffic light system has therefore been updated to a new Government guideline system. For more information please visit link here:
All international travellers who are not fully vaccinated (have not yet received a vaccination or just a single dose) are required to self-isolate in England and must take a Covid-19 PCR test on or before day 2, and on or after their day 8 of their self -isolation period. All travellers arriving into the UK will have their arrival date treated as day zero. All travellers must take any relevant PCR testing at their designated isolation accommodation.
For International travellers arriving in England who have visited or passed through a country where travel to the UK is banned (‘red list’ countries), International travellers in these circumstances would need to book into a managed quarantine facility in the 10 days before their arrival. For more information please click link (separate guidance if you’ve been in a country where travel to the UK is banned)
- Travellers must order Day 2 and a Day 8 test kit before their return to the UK if they have not yet been vaccinated or have received a single dose vaccination. You can order your kits as early as is convenient for you.
- If you test positive for either the day 2 or day 8 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days from the day after you took the test i.e., day 2 quarantine would last (13 days) and day 8 quarantine would last (19 days). You will receive further advice alongside your test results
- International travellers would need to provide their order reference number for each kit purchased when completing their passenger locator form. You must complete this 48 hours before you arrive into the UK. Please click the link for more information (completing the passenger locator form).
- If your day-2 test shows that you have a variant of COVID-19 known as a ‘variant of concern’, you will get a further call and your contacts will be asked to be tested.
- All test kits ordered will be provided with a 24 hour tracked Royal Mail shipping service to ensure you receive you kit on time.
- Please note, Royal Mail do not offer postal service on Sundays and Public Bank Holidays and we would not be dispatching orders on these days.