The government has made obligatory for all International travellers arriving into the UK to self-isolate for 10 days (click here for more details) unless they meet the exemption requirement from the government list (click here for more details) . If quarantine rules are not met by the traveller, they risk facing a penalty of up £10,000.
All international travellers who are required to self-isolate in England, must take a Covid-19 PCR test on or before day 2, and on or after their day 8 of their self -isolation period. All travellers arriving into the UK will have their arrival date treated as day zero. All travellers must take any relevant PCR testing at their designated isolation accommodation.
For International travellers arriving in England who have visited or passed through a country where travel to the UK is banned (‘red list’ countries), International travellers in these circumstances would need to book into a managed quarantine facility in the 10 days before their arrival. For more information please click link (separate guidance if you’ve been in a country where travel to the UK is banned)
- Please note, this test kit is for not fully or single dose vaccinated International travellers.
- Travellers must order Day 2 and Day 8 test kits before their return to the UK. You can order your kits as early as is convenient for you.
- If you test positive for either the day 2 or day 8 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days from the day after you took the test i.e., day 2 quarantine would last (13 days) and day 8 quarantine would last (19 days). You will receive further advice alongside your test results
- International travellers would need to provide their order reference number for each kit purchased when completing their passenger locator form. You must complete this 48 hours before you arrive into the UK. Please click the link for more information (completing the passenger locator form).
- If your day-2 test shows that you have a variant of COVID-19 known as a ‘variant of concern’, you will get a further call and your contacts will be asked to be tested.
If you wish to reduce your quarantine time the Test to Release (TTR( kit (day 5) is ideal for you. 1Covclinics is not liable or responsible for any delays in your test results being released as this is purely out of our control. However, every effort will be made to expedite your results within the expected turnaround time.
The Test to Release for International Travel scheme is for people requiring self-isolation on their arrival to England. This is an optional scheme applying to those isolating in England only. Please note this is not a Fit to Fly test.
Carrying out the test is simple and complete instructions on how to perform the test is provided with each kit.
Before purchasing any test kits, please go through our checklist below to ensure you are purchasing the right kit needed for you.
- Please check the government website for the latest travel information including travel bans to the U.K.
- The Test to Release kit MUST only be taken after full 5 days of arriving into England, and the destination you departed from is not on the UK’s red coded list travel system. Please view the link to governments website of the UK’s travel traffic system.
- If your test result is negative, you can then stop self-isolating. However, you will still be required to take the day 8 test as a government requirement.
Please remember, if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms to protect others, do not go to a GP, pharmacy or hospital. Visit 111.nhs.uk for further information.
- All test kits ordered will be provided with a 24 hour tracked Royal Mail shipping service to ensure you receive you kit on time. We endeavour to provide every traveller with a 48-72 hour result turnaround time once your test has reached one of our partnered ISO accredited UK laboratories. Please note, Royal Mail do not offer postal service on Sundays and Public Bank Holidays and we would not be dispatching orders on these days.
** Your results will be issued via email within 48-72 hours at the latest **